DEAL MAKER LIVE 2021 LIABILITY WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In-person attendees at Deal Maker Live 2021 assume all risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that attendee may experience or incur in connection with attending Deal Maker Live 2021. Attendee hereby releases, covenants not to sue, discharges, and holds harmless The Michael Blank
Brands LLC, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from any such claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
Specifically relating to the global COVID-19 pandemic, attendee acknowledges the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assumes the risk of exposure or infection by attending Deal Maker Live 2021, and that such exposure or infection may result in
personal injury, illness, disability, and/or death to attendee. Attendee understands that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Deal Maker Live 2021 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of others who may attend the event or
their families, colleagues, or others with whom they may have contact. Accordingly, attendee understands and agrees that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of The Michael Blank Brands LLC, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the Deal Maker Live 2021.
In partnership with the Hilton Anatole, the organizers of Deal Maker Live 2021 remain committed to providing a safe and clean environment for the event. In addition to all other rules and regulations relating to the attendee’s attendance at the Deal Maker Live 2021,
attendee agrees to comply with all COVID-related procedures that may be implemented by The Michael Blank Brands LLC and the Hilton Anatole, including, but not limited to, mask-wearing and social distancing requirements and restrictions on certain activities that carry higher COVID-related risk, in order to protect as much as possible the health and safety of all Deal Maker Live 2021 attendees. The organizer may ask any attendee who does not comply to leave the event without refund.
DEAL MAKER LIVE 2021 COVID PROTOCOLS
- Anyone (attendee or staff) agrees to stay home and not attend Deal Maker Live 2021 in person if they have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or if they have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- If an attendee starts to experience COVID-19 symptoms while attending Deal Maker Live 2021, they will notify event staff privately and immediately through the Whova app (use the contact Event Organizer button)
- If an attendee with an in-person ticket has tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or if they have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19, the attendee’s in-person registration will be transferred to a virtual ticket with no penalty.
- Meeting rooms for Deal Maker Live will be set to 50-75% capacity* (subject to change to accommodate local and federal guidelines)
- Mask wearing is encouraged while participating in Deal Maker Live 2021 when 6’ social distancing cannot be maintained
- Color-coded “Social Distancing Bracelets” will be supplied at check-in to indicate preferred level of interaction.
- Attendees are encouraged to wash hands frequently. Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout meeting space areas.
- Food and Beverage service items will be individually packaged or served by hotel staff
- Hilton Anatole staff will be regularly cleaning and sanitizing event space according to their COVID protocols
- Event organizers are investigating the possibility of offering rapid COVID testing (optional and at attendee expense) though an outside vendor at the conclusion of the DML 2021. Details will be shared when finalized.